Friday, January 9, 2009

"Somewhere in the crowd"



Its time to close my eyes but its you what I last think about,
I entered into this magical world, where You were with me.
We sat on a lonely bench with a crowded street infront of us,
People were walking ,so busy with their lives that they never had time for their loved ones.
You turned to me with that loving smile with your arms around me,
And promised never to be like them.
The time I spent next to you holding your hand and looking into your eyes,
Those loving words you spoke to me.!!I never could take my eyes of you.
I remember how I thanked God deep down inside my heart for this wonderful creation of His.
Time flew and I loved spending each and every second with you.
But all of a sudden I saw a bright light .
I couldn't see anything around me but the brightness.
Suddenly it seemed like years have rolled by,
I feared that I had lost you when I could feel my hands.
I looked next to me but you were not there.
As I sat there confused,
The street was getting crowded again.
And I saw you walking with them.
I shouted your name aloud when you seemed to walk past me..
I ran to reach you,I ran infront of you, waving my hands telling you who I was..
And how much I love you and you mean to me.
But you never seemed to notice me..
I sat there again and waited for you each day.
Yet I never gave up.
Hoping that someday you will look my way.
Then it was time that I woke up.
I did not smile and sigh with a relief that it was just a dream,
Instead I was happy that I got to spend time with you,
And spent another day telling my love to you.
And there I was lying down with my eyes opened for another hour,
Thinking about the day you would smile at me,
Which would mean the world to me..!!!

-reena

25 comments:

  1. way too cool reena.. way to go.. thats a oetic start indeed... keep coming up with your poems...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya thanx chris :-)...I owe it all to you for your encouragement..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool :-) Awaiting for rocking poetic posts ahead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one... Seems like you felt deep from your heart and wrote this!
    Keep going... :)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice poem dear...Expecting ur next poem sooon...May Be u can try composing a tune for it,sing it and try adding visuals..

    ReplyDelete
  7. first post and already off to a rocking start... now you know your mettle reena

    ReplyDelete
  8. De last part was good!! otherwise it was all too senti!! anyways.. good to have started well.. de beginning matters!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. tht was really touchin...the title and the pic seems very apt...great goin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cooooooooooooooooool !!! grrrrrrrrr8888888 reens.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. really tat was "WOW"....too good.... nice start....
    the feel is well explained....!!!u will go places...
    A fan is waiting for ur next great release....

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanx deeps...guess i can cook with one hand write poems with the other :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. thankya geethu n charanya...wont disappoint ya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ya vignesh anna..its really close to my heart..thanku so much

    ReplyDelete
  15. seems that all roads do not lead to rome :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey reena.. its really aesthetic and spellbinding.. congrats on ur first attempt..waitin fr many more interestin ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. cool one.......... how about this title " alone in the crowd"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome to blogosphere Old Friend!

    I am happy you decided to start a blog and fill them up with poems! I wish that this blog reaches the right audience and it is going to be good times ahead!

    Love,
    Arunesh.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ya thanx karthik...yup the title sounds good tooo.....but i wanted to emphazise more on him bieng in the crowd rather than me standing alone.. :-) anyways thanku so much...

    ReplyDelete
  20. really touchy one.appreciated reens and hav a regular practice on it. hey change the pic as i told ya.

    ReplyDelete
  21. great great poem reena.... very touching.... keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  22. actually.... i dont have words 2 say.... good one:) tanx anyways. Its very touching!!

    ReplyDelete