Friday, January 30, 2009

One journey....Different destinations


A morning so bright ,I woke up with a smile,
I stood infront of the mirror in my pretty pink dress admiring myself .
I grinned when I saw my dad watching me.
He stretched out his arms and I ran to him ,when he gave me mr.bear,
And kissed me softly.
I hurried everyone to the car and mom was still not satisfied with what we had taken.
A long journey awaited us and I was so excited.
We left home ,but I always wished my brother would have come.
One hour into the journey, my dad entertained us all.
We couldn’t stop laughing.
I closed my eyes slowly to rest as I saw my dad smiling at me.
And I was sleeping peacefully.
But all of a sudden there was a very loud noise,
And everyone was screaming.
I couldn’t scream when I realized that I was thrown out of the car.
I saw people rushing..
With those feeble eyes I tried to look for my family ,
But I couldn’t move.
My mom opened the door and fell out ,
Was glad she was alive..
I tried calling my dad but I knew he couldn’t hear me.
I suddenly saw him lying down.
He turned his head towards me and the sun glowed on his face.
With a loving smile he called me,
I crawled like a child with pain to reach him.
He held my hand and gave me mr.bear and kissed my hand.
Goodbyes were spoken,
And a tear slid past his eyes,
The pain ended and he left me..
Releasing him to Gods embrace.

-reena

7 comments:

  1. an ode to a friend...

    good one...

    prose in poetic flow..

    ReplyDelete
  2. papa u have excellent brain with having emotion thinking,keep it up and i know its been dedicated to Chandran and Christina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. papa i want to tell u one suggestion

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was like reading Christina's mind...gud one di :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah thanku johnny anna..yup will try ur suggestion

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanku nuts...yup she was the inspiration ...but i tried my own version

    ReplyDelete